Would you engage in a few-minute exercise that could alleviate stress, boost your mental health, and inspire you to achieve your goals? Most of you are already familiar with this practice. Yes, we are talking about journaling here. Student journaling is a potential tool for self-reflection and for leading a healthy and stress-free life. According to a study, journaling practice increases the academic and personal growth of students.
Putting your thoughts in the form of journaling is a powerful way to keep stress at bay. Here are the journaling ideas and advantages that can help students excel in school.
Journaling ideas for students
- Personal journal – A personal journal is the written record of students’ daily events. It is great for writing about personal experiences, daily thoughts, and emotions. This form of student journaling helps them deal with their concerns and fears.
- Motivational journal – Motivational journaling incorporates goals and challenges that students are facing. It makes them a dreamer and a doer when they push through and understand themselves.
- Bullet journal – Bullet journaling for students is productive and is another form of student journaling. It can help them ace their academics. Students can create trackers, spreads, to-do lists to keep themselves on track.
- 5Ws journal – Use this for learning or understanding some new concept. Keeping a 5Ws (Who, What, When, Where, Why) journal can help students organize and understand any information easily.
- Reading journal – Students can list down their reading challenges, goals, and logs. Use these journals to write the perspectives and thoughts on your current readings or learning.
Benefits of student journaling
Better memory and improves critical skills
Student journaling helps improve memory as writing down the information makes it easy to remember. Writing down the problems will push us more toward solving them instead of running from them. Journaling can improve the critical thinking and writing skills of the students.
Increases self-confidence in students
Keeping note of their daily logs can prepare students ahead of time. It will boost self-confidence and positivity. Student journaling provides insight for dealing with obstacles in daily life or academics. Hence, it increases confidence and performance.
Improves mental health
A student needs to stay mentally fit. The pressure of studies and exams or daily events affects the mental health of many students. Writing down the issues and thoughts makes it easy to reflect on them. Journaling can help understand the issues and address them. So, instead of getting hopeless and depressed, grab a pen and start journaling.
Improvement in academic performance
Student journaling increases writing and thinking skills. It makes students more organized and responsible for their learning. Students can reflect on their learnings and goals to analyze themselves.
Personal growth and self-expression
When we understand ourselves, we grow. Free expression of emotions through writing can open up the mind and bring clarity. Digging deep down in the emotions and interests will give students the opportunity for personal growth.
Assists in accomplishing goals
Before starting anything we need to lay the foundation first. Similarly, students also need to list down their goals first, in order to accomplish them. Writing down the goals will make students more likely to remember and fulfill them.
Well, it is difficult to maintain a habit, especially if you are new to it, but consistency is the key. Try dedicating a little bit of your time daily to journaling. Student journaling is beneficial and productive in several ways. It is considered a companion and guide for many students. It is a place where students can openly express their emotions and also keep a check on their academic growth and mental health. Journaling is a brain booster exercise that helps students to express themselves more clearly.
If you are a student and planning to start digital journaling, then go for the Noteshelf app. It’s a note-taking app that is perfect for journaling as well. Student journaling can be fun and easy with Noteshelf. It comes with various student templates that keep a record of your activities. Bring out your creative side and play around with different colors and highlighters. It will certainly take your journaling and note-taking experience to the next level.